Tylenol Promotes Transgenderism
Check this out:
A reader writes:
I’m a bit shocked at how fast things seem to be moving… tonight I was watching a video on Youtube, and the ad before it started was a Tylenol ad, promoting gay marriage and transgenderism. Tylenol! What the *&^%^ does Tylenol have to do with any of that? Where do I sign up for the Resistance?
That above must be the video she’s talking about. It’s an astonishing piece of propaganda. This is how you change things. Notice that it is not coming from a gay activist group, or the government; it is coming from a major American corporation whose products are in nearly every home in the country.
A reader in the comments thread put me on to a blog called 4thWaveNow, which describes itself as an online community for parents and others skeptical of the child/teen trans trend. Here is a harrowing story by a social work professor whose autistic teenage daughter has transitioned to male, and is having a hell of a tough time. The professor had no problem with her daughter being a lesbian, which she believes her daughter in fact is. But this is something else. Notice especially the role the media played in preparing this girl to accept the trans narrative. Excerpts:
My daughter, who is on the autism spectrum, as am I, is now 19 years old. She had felt (and told others) that she was a lesbian most of her life. When she was 16, she began watching a TV show called “Degrassi,” which featured an FtoM character. After a few weeks, she announced that she was not actually a butch lesbian, as she had previously said, but was in fact trans. She started attending a local PFLAG meeting, where she met many trans people, including a number of FtoM trans teenagers who were raving about a certain “gender therapist.” Although the APA recommends a minimum of one year of “gender counseling” before surgery, this gender therapist (whom I consented to, before really understanding what I was doing) gave my daughter the go-ahead to have a bilateral mastectomy after only two sessions. This gender specialist never reviewed any of the Special Ed records or spoke to my daughter’s previous therapist, who had known her for a decade. And, crucially, she never asked my daughter, “Might you be a lesbian?”
The gender therapist (whom I believe has an unholy financial alliance with the surgeon) gave my daughter (then 18 and one day) the go-ahead for the $30,000 surgery (covered for all university employees and their families where I work). My daughter is now on testosterone (which she clearly is unable to evaluate the risks and consequences of).
To give you some sense of my daughter’s level of understanding of what it means to transition, she told me recently that she believes that the testosterone “will grow her a penis.” I had to break the news to her that, although this is the mythology in the PFLAG meetings (where a number of the other young trans people are also autistic), this is not the case.
She has been taken advantage of. Healthy organs were amputated. This is insurance fraud, poor clinical practice, a violation of APA standards, unethical and unjust. It is a crime not just against women, but particularly against disabled women. So many of these young women who are “transitioning” are also autistic.
You mention that your daughter previously considered herself a lesbian, and this changed when she started watching the TV program “Degrassi.” Was that the only thing that influenced her to claim a trans identity? Was there anything else?
Other than Degrassi, the PFLAG meetings–which are now the cult of trans–sealed her fate. There were no young lesbians there. In fact, there are very few young lesbians left–they are all transitioning. If she had been able to have a lesbian relationship prior to transitioning I believe that things would have transpired differently. I attempted to get her in a support group for young lesbians when she was 12, but was informed that because of liability insurance reasons, she was not welcome until age 18. By that time it was too late.
In recent years, activists have agitated for disabled people to be treated as having the same “agency” to make medical decisions as non-disabled people. In fact, when anyone brings up concerns about young people with autism being questioned about their transgender identity, they are accused of “ableism.” Do you have any thoughts about this?
Yes, I agree–anyone asking for critical thinking about these issues with autistics is accused of ableism and transphobia. This is often an effective silencing tactic. I have found no allies in the autism community. Instead, there is a vilification of anyone daring to ask questions about these issues, including the evidence of MtoF physical, sexual and psychological violence against women. Women who publicly question receive death threats, threats to rape us and our children, burn us to death with gasoline, decapitate us, and so on. This all coming from people who claim they are our “sisters.”
Given that your daughter was recently hospitalized for health issues related to her use of testosterone, have you found any medical professionals who are willing to speak up about this?
I have found no health professionals willing to go on the record against this. Everyone is afraid of professional suicide and threats of violence. I am standing alone.
My daughter’s latest hospitalization has been described by doctors as due to “absorption issues.” She now has a full beard but still has her period. The testosterone is wreaking true havoc on her system.
Erin Manning writes:
We are in the first stage of what I call (with apologies to Kubler-Ross) the five stages of progressive indoctrination on the transgender issues: denial. Here’s how all five look; I expect our country will hit stage 2 within a year or so, and the rest within a ten-year timeline (and that’s being generous):
1. Denial. “No transgender man has ever attacked a woman in a bathroom or private space, and no sexual pervert has ever pretended to be a woman or taken advantage of open bathroom laws to attack women!”
2. Anger. “Why are you bringing up links to stories showing that women have in fact been attacked in these situations? You don’t really care about women–you’re just bigots.”
3. Bargaining: “Okay, so open bathroom and private area laws might make women less safe. So what? These incidents are still really rare. Transgender rights are more important than some tiny handful of women who might have to deal with a creep in the bathroom every now and then. Women are tough; you can handle it.”
4. Defensiveness: “No, we’re not happy that the rates of attacks on women in private spaces have risen since open bathroom (etc.) laws passed. But let’s not make the “post hoc, ergo propter hoc” fallacy. There are other reasons why women are being attacked in bathrooms and private areas. Maybe women just need to put their cellphones and cosmetics away and pay attention to their surroundings when they use public bathrooms or locker rooms. If you want total safety, stay home!”
5. Historical revision: “Women have *always* been unsafe in public bathrooms and changing areas. It’s just the nature of those spaces that they’re not terribly safe, like dimly lighted stairwells and streets in bad neighborhoods. History shows us that women have always carried personal weapons such as long hatpins (back in Grandma’s day) or mace whenever they couldn’t avoid using a public bathroom or changing room. Of course, a lot of it is panic. Fewer women were attacked in bathrooms or changing rooms last year, 2020, than any time in the last three years, showing that the new, 2019 public safety measures such as camera drones are working (and, yes, it’s unfortunate that someone hacked a fitness center’s drone camera and put the video stream of women getting into their bathing suits on the Internet, but the courts agreed that the women in question weren’t actually harmed, and we all know that inmates and others do better when they have access to mild forms of free pornography like this anyway, so what’s the big deal?). Besides, this is old news. The real question is why public schools are being so bigoted about not accommodating the bathroom needs of transpecies kindergartners. Playground sandboxes are not made unsanitary because one five-year-old nongendered human/kitten has to pee in it once a day! Xe probably cleans up better than most of xem classmates…”
Yes. And propaganda like the Tylenol ad is destroying the natural family by radically undermining our ability to comprehend it. And if you dissent, you are an Enemy Of The People. A friend of mine who defected from the East bloc during the Cold War writes to say:
Reading articles and listening to TV commentators, I feel I am back in my youth, in communist, totally intolerant Hungary, where character assassination was the norm, and the writers were just lying. Terrible. I am very pessimistic.
I know a lot of you think I’m hysterical about this stuff, and alarmist. But it’s really happening, and it’s happening fast, and its taking a lot of people with the tide. The activists have captured the institutions — and that matters. It matters a lot.
UPDATE: Part of a great comment from a physician who posts as AnonymousDr:
One of the things I have noticed is that many people who would probably be on the traditionalists’s side on this issue have no real understanding of what is going on. To take two very recent examples from my own life:
I sent the article about the NYHRC by Volokh to my wife who sent it to two of her oldest friends. These women are classic Orange County Republicans: NR reading, Mercedes driving, golf playing, conservative Protestants, went to elite colleges, are in finance, have stable lives (one married the other engaged), they are even voting Trump (but are social moderates- pro civil SSM, pro 1st term Abortions, it would be gauche not to)! But their response to my wife was: “Are you sure that Mr. AnonymousDr isn’t getting trolled. This can’t be real! LOLz.” I just shook my head.
I have another friend from work (a physician), who is a married, practicing Mormon, went to BYU, did a mission, votes Republican, and he was said to me “I don’t really care if you want to dress as a woman, call yourself one, use the women’s bathroom, etc. How does this effect us?” I explained to him that some schools are allowing kids to present themselves as the other gender without telling the parents and are allowing mixed sex locker rooms. He had no idea, and said that he would probably have to reconsider his stance.
The issue is being presented in the media as being just like SSM, which was just like race, so obviously we have to “evolve” on the issue. These are fundamentally conservative people who are just completely ignorant of what is going on and who aren’t willing to see where this is leading—if your kids has gender dysphoria they will be “treated” with surgery and hormones against your will. I expect this to be made law during Clinton’s first term.