Do you want to work as an intern at the TAC mothership in Washington, DC? We need spring interns. Deadline is tomorrow; apply here.
It’s a pretty great gig, I’d say. Here’s what you get to do:
Editorial interns gain experience in all aspects of producing the website and print magazine. This internship offers real experience in all the moving parts of a media organization and exposure to both editorial and marketing projects.
- Preparing pieces for the web, writing headlines, curating images
- Managing TAC’s presence on social media platforms
- Contributing headlines and story ideas
- Proofreading, fact-checking, and editing
- Blogging for the web and writing for the print magazine
- Devising strategies for audience development and engagement
- Helping with event-planning and special projects
Clerical duties, such as answering the phone and handling the mail, are also involved.
All candidates should possess:
- Eagerness to work tirelessly on a small but ambitious team
- Superb writing and editing ability
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Love of considered, lengthy journalism as well as an appreciation of horse-race politics
- Excellent news/culture/opinion judgment
- A background in intellectual conservatism and keen understanding of The American Conservative’s sensibility
Past experience with a news or opinion publication is preferred, though not required.
This is a really interesting magazine to work for, and the added advantage of being in the DC office is you don’t have to put up with me on the premises making you listen to me gas on about Dante.