The American Conservative is accepting applications for a paid editorial assistant position on an ongoing basis.
Editorial interns gain experience in all aspects of producing the website and print magazine and will participate in all the moving parts of a media organization. Candidates should possess a keen understanding of The American Conservative’s sensibility.
– Preparing pieces for the web, writing headlines, curating images
– Managing TAC’s presence on social media platforms
– Contributing headlines and story ideas
– Proofreading and fact-checking articles for print and web
– Writing for the magazine
– Devising strategies for audience development and engagement
– Helping with event planning and special projects
Interns will receive a stipend. College students or recent graduates who would like to apply should e-mail their responses as Word document or PDF attachments to [email protected]
– Cover letter
– A 1,000-word writing sample appropriate for our website, offering a fresh perspective, original analysis, and a clear, evidence-based argument. Alternatively, you are welcome to submit a link to a blog post or article you have published elsewhere that would have been well-suited for publication in The American Conservative.
We also consider applications submitted through the Charles Koch Institute as part of their Washington, DC-based educational programs.