The American Conservative is seeking a managing editor.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Managing the TAC web edition, ensuring that it is plenished daily with fresh material of high quality;
- Writing a regular web-edition column;
- Assisting with the day-to-day operation of TAC’s Washington D.C. office.
Ideal applicants will have:
- A worldview consistent with the philosophy and disposition of The American Conservative
- Strong editing skills
- An understanding of conservative media and how to create engaging content in this space
- Interest in monitoring the day-to-day news cycle as well as anticipating longer-term events and issues
- A demonstrated ability to work proactively and take initiative in a high-pace, rapidly-evolving office
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Pratik Chougule by email at [email protected]. Applicants must be able to work from our Washington, D.C office.