Do you enjoy both the pizza box culture of web startups and the political intrigue of Washington? Are you a fan of the independent-minded conservatism presented on this site? If this sounds like you or someone you know, please read or send along this announcement:
Do you want to join a Washington journalism team that’s advancing a smart, independent voice on the Right?
The American Conservative is looking for an online editor. The magazine is already expanding its website, which will re-launch this winter as the nation’s premier online hub of traditional conservatism. If you are the right editor for this job, here’s what you’ll be doing: Managing and growing The American Conservative’s web presence, overseeing online content (assigning, editing, and writing articles and blog posts), planning/producing the homepage on a daily basis (aggregation, multimedia creation, comments curation, and overseeing staff bloggers), developing and executing the web strategy (including social media, search, referral traffic, and e-newsletters), and monitoring analytics.
The ideal candidate will have some experience in online journalism and a passion for engaging with a dynamic community of serious readers, plus:
- Eagerness to work tirelessly in a small but ambitious team (the position will report to magazine’s editor)
- Superb writing and editing ability
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Love of considered, lengthy journalism as well as an appreciation of horse-race politics
- Excellent news/opinion judgment
- A background in intellectual conservatism and keen understanding of The American Conservative’s unique sensibility.
This position is based in our Arlington, Virginia office. To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to: [email protected].